Saturday, April 20, 2019

MY NEW HOME YAKIMA!



This week has been wild! I have made it to my new area! The holy land of Yakima! Man I already love it here! I low key thought being doubled into an area and opening it was going to be super stressful but it actually has been so sick! The first day here me and my trainee, Elder Barnes, were able to put a kid on date named Eddie Hueyotlipa! He is pumped and loves Joseph smith! And then a couple days later we were able to put his brother Ivan on date as well! Then we got Ivan to come to church this Sunday and he loved it! Man the start of this transfer has been the best start we could've asked for! Being District Leader is super fun too! It was a little stressful at the beginning combined with training but after the first couple days its seriously so fun now!

Something crazy that happened this week happened on Friday! So our house is about a 40 min walk away from our area and so the Zone Leaders that we live with usually will pick us up when we are done working at night. Well Friday night we were in a lesson until about 8:45pm and when we got out we had a missed call and voicemail from the Zone Leaders. It basically said they got stuck in a meeting so we would have to walk home.... Let me tell you the area I'm in right now is known for the crazies, gangs, and homeless people especially on this street called S. Naches and that was exactly where we were! Haha so we just started walking home and I kid you not it straight up felt like I was walking around in the Purge! On the street it was just homeless people throwing hands, homeless people messed up on drugs and then me and Elder Barnes! I'm not going to lie I was a little scared but I knew we had the Lord with us so I wasn't tripping too much lol! A member came to the rescue though after we already walked about 3/4 the way but it was an answer to a prayer!

The new Branch that I am in is called Englewood and it's so tight! We ate with some members named the Estradas and I swear they were trying to kill me! Lol Hermana Estrada just kept the tacos coming! I straight up ate 12 tacos yesterday but it was fun and they're such a cool family!

The Lord has been putting so many people in me and Elder Barnes way though and its been so awesome! In the past couple days I have seen the Lord's hand in the work so much as He directs us to exactly where we need to be at the time we need to be there! As we walk we have had people just yell at us to come over and talk with them! It's crazy! I think the Lord knows that we need help opening a new area lol!

This week has been awesome! Thank you all for the emails and love! Have a good week!


Con Amor,
Elder Ka'ili





No comments:

Post a Comment