Wednesday, August 8, 2018

First Email!

I can't believe my first week is done in the CCM, aka The Mexico MTC. Mexico City is so beautiful! We are surrounded by the city! This week has been wild and so spiritual at the same time. I know this is where I need to be at this time and I'm loving every second of it.

My companion is Elder Hammer he went to Skyline with the cuzzo Saione and talks about him all the time... which makes me cry inside but he's tight and such a good example to me. My schedule here is jammed packed with doctrine classes, teaching classes and language classes! The language is going well, I'm learning more and more everyday! 

The first day, we got here and went straight to the dorms to unpack... it was hard because I was just thinking about my little bros, but it was nice to go to the cafeteria and grub on some pizza and eat the pain away lol. The first night was nice but waking up the first morning was a struggle. I shower like 3 times a day to stay alert and wake. The first day we had a devotional and they basically have that to scare everyone away lol... jk but the MTC is a smack in the face and if you aren't prepared you going home.... 

On Wednesday, we went to class for the first time and it was a lot of "get to know" your district stuff. By the way my district is literally the best. It makes it easier for me to not miss the familia. We had language class for what felt like 20 hrs though. But, my teachers are tight - Hermano Martinez and Hermano Ruiz. They are so fob, we teach them english while they teach us Spanish haha.

On Thursday, they made me and Elder hammer teach our first leccion in Spanish! It was so bad.... I sound so white speaking Spanish. But yeah we can't pray in english after the first day. Me and the elders from my district had a way spiritual talk just about why we were out and about our families... we all went to bed sobbing that night but it was definitely needed. 

On Friday, it was just a lot of studying and classes. Me and the elders in the district finally got to have gym time because we got done with all the intro classes. We played bball and the hoops are lower here so ya boy was slamming it down. Lol but there so many rules about gym time. ACTUALLY THERE SO MANY RULES ABOUT EVERYTHING HERE. But they will keep us in check and keep the spirit with us. Lol like we cant keep score in games because when we keep score we are too competitive and that takes the spirit away hahaha.

On Saturday, we had long classes and a lot of branch and district meetings. We also started our fast for fast Sunday at 11. It was way hard for some reason, maybe cause its hot over here and I was dying of thirst from walking everywhere lol. 

On Sunday, we had church and testimony meeting. I probably understood about 15 percent of what everything was being taught and said, but that's everyday here. We had a wonderful devotional as well about how Christ died for us and how he lives today. 

I'm loving it here everyday and it seriously has made me so happy. I can't wait to get out in the field and teach the gospel en Espanol. I can't wait for my boys Ami and Pine to leave to the MTC as well. I can't wait for Saione to get his call.

I love you all and encourage you all to read the Book of Mormon and pray everyday! I love you all and I love having this tag over my heart!

P.S.
thank you all who sent me letters and packages, I love you all!!!

Love,
Elder Kaili

Aunty Betty's wonderful spam musubi!
My apartment!






Aunty Pesi's Package!
 



Elder Hammer loved the package too lol
My favorite thing here


How we get our water!
Me and Elder Hammer




The CCM food aka Nacho Libre food
 

Study Time!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment