Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Week 3 in the MTC

Week 3 was full of work and a lot of studying! But my time is the MTC is literally flying by! The language is coming. My favorite scripture and my motivational scripture for the MTC is Ether 12:27! I love that scripture so much!  "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Spanish is definitely my weakness and has definitely has humbled me but I know that the lord will bless me if I have faith in him and continue to do the work i need to do! My Aunty Pesi sent me this quote by Ezra Taft Benson talking about missionary work and that there is no secret to success in the mission field, the way to get success is to work, work, work, and work again! I know losing myself in the work will bless the people around me, so I try to forget about this guy Amoni and think about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and it helps me out so much. The time flies! I want to get out in the field so bad though, Mexico City is awesome and all but I cant wait to go knock on some doors!

Thursday: just another day of work! We watched an amazing video in class. It was Holland's talk about missionary work and the atonement! He gave it at a mission presidents training back in 2001. I recommend all going on a mission to watch it or read it! It seriously will bring you to tears! It has changed my whole attitude about my mission and my duty out here. It makes me want to work harder and to be more diligent in my studies and my whole mission overall! Holland gives the best talks for missionaries! He's so straight forward! I love it! Other than that me and the elders were able to go workout.. it made me so tired for the 2nd half of the day we decided we just need to go in the morning before personal study haha. So 5:30 workouts will be happening I guess. Well see how long it lasts tho haha

Friday: I taught my El Libro De Mormon lesson today to my district! My main focus was on trusting in the lord and having faith in him knowing that he will bless us! I shared scriptures from Mosiah 9&10 with king zeniff and the lamanites and talked about how the nephites always asking for strength in the lord and the trust they had in the lord knowing he would protect them. And the lord always delivered them in victory. I also applied it to missionaries trusting the lord. Trusting the lord that our families will be safe as we leave, Trusting the lord that he will bless us with the spirit to teach with the spirit, Trusting the lord that this is what we should be doing(serving the lord) at this very moment and time! Having faith that he will bless us throughout it all as long as we keep his commandments and be exactly obedient to the mission rules! I lucked out and got reassigned to talk next sunday! It took so much stress off me. The lord knew I needed another week to prepare my spanish! We watched another amazing video about our purpose and why we were called to where we were called! It was an answer to my prayers. Heavenly father and the prophet has called me to Yakima, Washington for a reason, no matter how much I wanted to go to Tonga... lol I now know he needs me in Yakima speaking spanish for a certain reason. The lord does not make mistakes with mission calling and if we think he did, we should be ashamed of ourselves. It didn't come out of a computer generated machine, it came from an apostle of the lord and he received revelation from our heavenly father where to send us! Have trust in the lord and everything will work out!

Saturday: Another day of work work work lol. Me and Elder hammer were able to get about an hour of basketball in which was much needed. We shot around and then played 1v1. I think y'all know how that ended lol W for Elder Kaili Lol! No but working out or playing basketball always focuses me more, so when we can play and aren't too tired is always a good day! Also Hermano Ruiz, my afternoon teacher brought his uke and it was so nice to play! I showed my district How Can I Be and we all sang while I played it on the Uke it was so nice! We had an amazing zone class later that night about what we sacrifice for our mission and the things we need to sacrifice! the things we need to sacrifice are Disobedience, Pride, Romantic Passions, Negativism, and Settling! The class has truly changed my whole attitude for my mission! It was just what I needed to hear! Exact Obedience brings miracles! Exact obedience applies to both mission lives and our lives back home. The lord has things in store for all of us and if we are exact obedience he will bless us so much more than if we are just a little obedient or just doing the minimum of obedience! Be exaclty obedient in everything you do and the lord will bless you!
Sunday: We got to go to church and partake of the sacrment, so that makes Sundays better than all the other days lol. We had an awesome devotional too. The devotional was about El Libro De Mormon! It was awesome we went around the whole room with about 200 of us and everyone shared experience of the book of mormon answering their prayers or answering questions they have been so confused about! It was so awesome and much needed. Its crazy that the lord knows what we need or the answers we need and he answers them always if we have faith in him. It might not come when you want it to come but the answer will come if you have faith! Sometimes the lord waits to answer us because he wants to see how we act, don't be mad if you don't get your answer quick, after you ask your answer to the lord you must act and do the things necessary for you to be able to receive that answer. Going to the temple, reading the scriptures, calling your siblings, going to church! Faith without works is dead! We must act and do the work, we cant be selfish!

Monday: This week we started to do Espanol! No speaking english inside the classrooms or you have to memorize another scripture haha! But it really has helped me with the language just hearing it all the time! Understanding the language is becoming easier but speaking it is still mas o menos! Also we had the biggest hail storm today! We couldn't even hear during class because the hail was coming down so hard! The weather here is so weird, it will be perfect in the morning and then around 4 everyday it gets cloudy and then it gets sunny at 5 and then rains at 6! I kidd you not everyday is like this! EVERYDAY hahah. But yeah today was a good day, same schedule ALOT of studying and ALOT of language! 

Tuesday: THE DEVOTIONAL TODAY WAS AWESOME. We watched Elder D Todd Christofferson and his wife talk on a live broadcast from the Provo MTC! I loved sister Christoffersons talk about loving the people and loving your mission. She said once we forget about ourselves and love the people thats when we will love our mission. A lot of missionaries complain about their mission language because its hard but she said we just need to love the language and everything will work out. She compared a love story to our mission and we need to create our own love story for our mission! Elder Christofferson talked about the name of the church and how we use it! We can no longer use nicknames of the church! When we talk about our church we must use the full name! I thought it was crazy because everyone knows us by mormons! But there are so many changes coming to our church! Hearing the apostles talk make me so EXCITED for general conference haha! Its so weird because i use to be excited for general conference so I could sleep during it and now I'm so excited to hear all the talks and take notes about it! There is going to be so many changes in these next general conferences and I seriously cant wait! Its like Christmas for missionaries hahah!!

I love you all and I challenge all of you to keep reading the book of mormon, Tell your family you love them, and be EXACTLY OBEDIENT this week and see what it does for you!

Amor, 
Elder Ka'ili

Our dorm with the mountains in the background

Another package from Aunty Pesi...yes!!!

me and my comp at the gym

package from home with the Arizona drink from the twins

No comments:

Post a Comment