Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Stomach Flu Got Me

Week 2 was so fast ! This week has been awesome but CRAZY as well ! First off, we went to the Mexico City Temple! It is so beautiful! The session was in Spanish so it was way hard to understand but the spirit was so strong with us! The bus ride there was funny. Everyone was freaking out cause the driving here in Mexico isn't like anything you've seen before. You got people selling sodas in the middle of the road and people driving between the tiniest of gaps haha. But it was nice to get out of the CCM(MTC) and see the city of Mexico. 

Thursday started off crazy. We woke up to the sound of gun shots. Haha it was crazy. It was like bang bang and then a ton of police sirens. Everyone in the apartment jumped up. Our apartment is right by the wall so we hear everything in the city. Also EVERYONE started to get the stomach flu!! There were 85 missionaries in the doctors office and none of them can do anything now. Also my sister's P day is Thursday, so when I saw her email I was dying to reply!! Lol also we played b-ball and some of the elders were getting too competitive and almost fought haha I was like really bro. But we ended the day with a testimony meeting within our district. It's so nice to hear everyone's testimonies and their "why's" of serving missions. It invites the spirit so much and it just testifies to me that this church is true!!!! I shared one of my fav scriptures 1 Nephi 9:6. I love that one because it talks about how the Lord knew all things from the beginning and knew the things we were to encounter so he prepared a way for us to do it. We just have to trust in him, be humble and have tremendous faith and he will help us! I love that scripture !!!! Me and the other boys stayed up that night and just talked about everything! It was awesome! 

Friday - this day was the best day I've had in the MTC. I woke up and wasn't really having a good attitude and the breakfast sucked but then we went to class and the language started to click. I was understanding more and was able to put things together. During personal study I read Ether 12:27.... GO READ IT, it really was crazy that I read that scripture during personal study because I've been praying for help with the language and it was really an answer to my prayers. I need to be patient and trust in the Lord. But the thing that made my day the most was getting a package from my Aunty Pesi!!! Filled with Powerade, peanut M&M's, cookie and creme Hershey bars and chips!!!!!! Literally made my day 100x better! Me and my companion smacked those snacks! Oh but back to the sick missionaries. The count for Friday was 150 missionaries down and we had rules come out to the whole campus of no more hand shakes, hugs, and you have to wash your hands all the time! Lol but yeah my district almost got in a fight with another district because they wanted to pour water cups off the 2nd floor of the apartments onto one of our elders. So we went up there and told them off and their district leader came down to our dorm and apologized and begged not to tell the MTC president. Hahaha we were so mad because it already rains every night and we have to walk home in the rain from class. Lol but yeah Friday was a good day!

Saturday: this is the where the crazy starts to happen... the craziest thing happened during language class. We were all studying and a bird came and flew right into the window hahaha it was crazy but it was way funny. It fell to the ground and then just got up and flew away hahaha! But yeah half our district is now sick and Saturday night I was throwing up a ton! It came out of nowhere and that sucked a ton. Good thing my mom told me to get medicine..(I miss her so much) but before that craziness happened me and Elder Hammer were able to teach a lesson about how Families Can Be Together Forever in SPANISH! I didn't even know what I was saying when I was teaching the words were just flowing! D&C 11:21 ! It was so awesome! I love how with every tiny miracle in our lives we can find a scripture of how it came to us or how we can obtain them! My faith in the gifts of tongues is on a high right now. I know my Spanish isn't anywhere near fluent or good haha but I'm happy with my progress! The lesson though made me think about my family and thinking about leaving on my mission for 2 years. It's seriously nothing compared to the eternity I'm going to be able to spend with them!! I just think to my self, me and my family have eternity to make more memories and have each other. I should be out here teaching other families about how they can be together with their families forever so they can have that joyful knowledge!

Sunday: Well today I got assigned by President Suarez our Zone President to give a talk about the restoration in Spanish during sacrament meeting next week... So yay me.... Haha I'm actually way nervous to give it and Idk how I'm going to give a talk in Spanish in front of so many people lol. A lot of praying will be happening! 

Monday: just a normal day! We did a lot of studying the doctrine today in English in the beginning of the day and then we switched to language study and teaching the 2nd half of the day! We also were able to do a service project as a district! We pulled all the weeds out of the track here at the CCM. It was nice to see the workers here relax for a couple hours while we did the work. After we had a long personal study. Which was much needed! 

Tuesday: Me and the elders in my district tried to get up at 5:30 to go play bball but that didn't work out to well... Haha we all woke up talked for like 5 min and then decided to go back to bed haha. But Tuesday was a good day. I got the baptism questions down in Spanish. I have the mission objective down in Spanish and I'm working on a couple other scriptures. I'm also almost done with the basic core and can kind of understand the Latinos here. My Spanish rating is probably like a 3/10 but I'm happy with my progress haha it's not anywhere I want it to be tho! I just got to keep improving! 

I love you all and still challenge all of you to read the book of Mormon everyday and pray if it's true! Find out for yourself!! I love you all! 

Amor, 

ELDER KAILI



ME AND ELDER BACON!
    
MY DISTRICT!

                  

Hanging with the boys at night #PoloroidBebe 


Me and my comp going to book of Mormon study 


Visiting the temple! 


Aunty Pesi's package!

No comments:

Post a Comment