Tuesday, December 11, 2018

New Companion, Made Panikeke, and It Snowed....

Man this week was crazy! I am finally out of training and I got a new companion his name is Elder Cox! Super good missionary and me and him teach well together so LETZZZ GOOO! I stayed in Mattawa and holy crap taking over a area is so STRESSFUL! The first couple days after transfers were super stressful not having my trainer here with me because I had to introduce my new companion to the area and plan and take lead on everything! My new companion is the complete opposite of my trainer but we are doing super well together so i'm hecka pumped for this transfer! I am gaining more and more confidence with the language everyday and understanding more and more. I'm just super pumped for this transfer because I feel like the transfer after your training is the do or die on how the rest of your mission will play out, so WE GOING HARD this transfer lol. But yeah the stress of the transfers and taking over my area is going down day by day as my comp gets to know more people here, so we chilling!

So Tuesday me and Elder Carrasco were doing a ton of goodbyes to the members for him because he was leaving and he's been in our area for 6 months. But yeah that day we decided we were going to make each other food from our cultures for our last memories together haha. You already know I made some BOMB PANIKEKE for breakfast and a night snack with our recent converts Arturo and Vanessa! I was super surprised that I was able to make it and make them good because usually all the girl cousins and the aunties in the fam make it(SHOUTOUT TO THEM) but shoot mine came out hecka good! Elder Carrasco made some Arepas, and they so bomb. They eat them a ton in Venezuela! It's basically like a tuna sandwich but 20x better. He taught me how to make them and so you already know Chef Montonz gonna be making them all the time! But yeah Tuesday was lit!

Nothing really big happened this week besides transfers and just teaching the AWESOME people of Mattawa! Also it SNOWED, made me hecka miss Utah! But yeah our whole zone basically got switched out but everyone that came in is tight! Other than that I hope everyone is finding ways to LIGHT THE WORLD! I know as we share our testimonies to as many people and share our light with everyone we know, not only they will be blessed but we will be blessed and our testimonies will be strengthened! I love you all and shoutout to everyone that sent me letters and packages this past week! I love you all and I hope you guys are all getting super pumped for Christmas like I am!

Con amor,
Elder Ka'ili

Ties from home...

Panikeke i made

crumbl from aunty nica


Last dinner with Elder Carrasco and Jack

The best panikeke in your life


Posterity tie, passed down

Nick Perry who went to school with Saione

Sweater Hermano Hansen gave me that he got from Ecuador!

My new comp, Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment