Sunday, December 30, 2018

Feliz Navidad to everyone

First off Merry Christmas/ Feliz Navidad to all of you!

This week was awesome! Yesterdays special Christmas Sacrament meeting was seriously the best sacrament meeting since I have been out on my mission! We had the goal of getting 50+ people in the meeting and we hit it! I haven't seen that many people in a sacrament meeting since I have been out on my mission so it seriously was so cool! Reminded me of a normal sacrament meeting in Utah though haha! After the awesome sacrament meeting we had a Christmas program and the primary kids did some singing and dressed up as angles, shepherds, and Mary and Joseph and acted out the navidad! It was so nice to see the branch and the ward together too. Seeing everyone come together for Christmas was so nice... but now we just need everyone to keep coming during regular sacrament meetings... lol! Also me and Elder Cox got to sing in the Branch choir and you already know we killed it haha! The spirit was just so strong at church yesterday!

These past couple of days we have been getting fed so much! I have grown to love Mexican food so much haha tortas, quesadillas, salsas, chicharrones, flautas, etc haha they all so good! But yesterday we went over to our recent convert family and I prepared the famous teriyaki chicken for them because we will be eating with them on Christmas and Ill be firing up the grill for them!

On wed we had district council and the topic was about obedience! A quote that was brought up that I truly love is "you must pay the price for success or you will pay the price for failure". Its so interesting to me that we always have 2 choices, to work hard or to be lazy. Both of them are going to be hard in one way or the other. If we work hard in what we are doing, the journey will be hard but the result will be amazing. If we are lazy, the journey will be hard, and the result is going to suck because we all know we could of had something better! For example, Being broke is hard, and becoming rich is hard... Choose your hard. There's always 2 choices and there always 2 hards, you have to choose what hard you want!

On Friday we had the Branch Christmas party and that was lit! We had tamales, pan, potatoes, and this one drink I forgot what its called but it was like a hot chocolate haha.. it was bomb! We had 3 huge Pinatas too! It was such a good time! Oh and we had the Mexican Santa Claus show up too haha it was tight!

Yesterday me and My companion had a crazy experience of blessing a house. The people that told us what was happening in the house kind of freaked me out but I felt super comfortable going in the house and performing that blessing. When I was giving the prayer I could feel what they were talking about, when they said there were bad spirits in the house, I had the prompting not to open my eyes the whole time. When I was ending the prayer I could feel this super hot heat on my face and then I said "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" and an overwhelming peace came to me and everything felt ok in the house. I can't say enough how grateful I am for the priesthood power. It is something that is so real and true and that was a big testimony builder for me with the priesthood power!

This week was one to remember! I hope everyone has a good week and a good Christmas! During this time I hope we all realize the real meaning of Christmas and remember our Savior and the things he has done for us and try and become like him and do those things for others! Thank you to everyone that has sent me gifts and letters! I love you all and Feliz Navidad!

Con Amor,
Elder Ka'ili

Prepping for the Christmas feast

Branch party


GOT A TREADMILL CAUSE #IMGETTINGFAT BUT #NEWYEARSRESOLUTION HAHA

my comp, sometimes is just too hard in the mornings


Christmas program

guns on guns on guns...haha



No comments:

Post a Comment