Thursday, October 31, 2019


This week was awesome! We were able to help Pablo Gomez be baptized this past Friday! It was awesome to see how much he had changed from first meeting him to being so excited about being baptized! Truly a testimony builder of how much Heavenly Father loves his children that he will prepare a way if they have that desire! Pablo definitely had that desire even though his family didn't support him all the way, he knew that the branch ward supported him but most importantly that Heavenly Father supported him and that's really all that mattered! It was so good and it was so funny before the baptism he got there a little early and wanted to change into his suit, so we changed into our white clothes and then went to the gym and hung out for a little. My boy Pablo is a baller so we got some shots off before his baptism and then after the service Pablo and all of us balled until we had to clean up! It was the best baptism ever! I have such a love for him, he honestly is my brother for life. I just think back to when I got the impression to go by his house and how I felt that connection right away. I will be forever grateful that I followed that impression.

This week we also had a family home evening with the branch! It was awesome! We set up a kind of haunted house thingy, that represented Lehi's vision of the tree of life! Me and elder Numbers were the people in the great and spacious building and it was so funny to yell at all the people walking down the iron rod. We almost got some people haha but I'm glad that they continued forward and got to the tree of life! it was super fun!

We had exchanged with the AP's this week too! I went with Elder Hart, who is going home this transfer, and I was his last person to exchange with him! Honestly he is such a beast missionary and I learned so much of how important teaching simple is! I'm gonna miss him a ton but we worked so hard for his last exchange!

This past week I have been doing a lot of personal study of hope and doing the small and simple things! And I can truly testify that the small and simple things are the things that can keep us strong in the gospel! Those small and simple things are daily prayer, daily scripture study, and serving! Don't be complacent! You are either progressing towards heavenly father or not... but those are the things that can strengthen our faith everyday!

We also had a cool opportunity to be on a video call pannel for Elder Hagues stake! It was awesome, they called in some of the missionaries from the stake from all around the world to answer questions from the priesthood! Hearing the testimonies and experiences from the other missionaries around the world from their stake was awesome and definitely helped me grow mine as well! It was an awesome experience and I'm super grateful for the time that I had to give advice and bear my testimony to others in california too!

Also shoutout to my Aunty Nica!!! I love you so much! Thank you for the package! Me and all the elders I live with enjoyed the oreos! haha

I love you all! I hope you all have a good week!

Con amor,
Elder Ka'ili








No comments:

Post a Comment