Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Becoming a Trainer!

This week has been crazy! I have left Mattawa and have been transferred up to Toppenish! The City Of Murals! It was super sad to say bye to everyone but they all have a special place in my heart and I will forever cherish the time that I had in Mattawa forever! Now to this crazy week! 

On Wednesday, we had transfers and came down to Mattawa where I met my trainee Elder Englestead!! He is so tight!!! We have a ton in common and I love his work ethic! He comes from a small town in Utah called Panguitch and he's got a little southern accent haha but he's super cool and I am so glad I am able to finish his training! I have already seen tons of improvement in him since I have met him! We live inside a neighborhood in a nice apartment but let me tell you it is so nice to be able to hear cars at night and have neighbors for the first time in a couple months! Haha but anyways Toppenish is basically dead with work right now, so somehow me and Elder Englestead have to get things going! I am super pumped because we have already been able to find 3 new people and have lessons with others! We do so much tracting right now but I love it because I get to speak with all my brothers and sisters in Spanish!!! 

-----Miracle-------
Last week when I got the assignment to train I was super nervous and didn't think that my Spanish was good enough to be able to train, to be the senior comp and be the go to guy in the lessons yet! I just felt super young in the mission but I kneeled down and said a prayer and got the feeling that everything was going to be alright because I wouldn't have been called to train if the Lord didn't have a plan for me! When I got here to Toppenish I just had the confidence in the Lord and in the Gift of Tongues and we went out and did work! And I can't say how grateful I am for the Gift of Tongues and interpretation because now I feel like I can go to any Spanish speaker and talk with them about the gospel and just about life! I am able to understand things that I know for a fact that I wasn't able to understand last week! It feels like a Spanish speaking confidence/speaking light switch just got turned on in my head! It's seriously crazy! Being in this position has helped me be more focused and more reliable on the spirit and trust in my gifts that the Lord has blessed me with! I know that if I stayed Jr. comp, there was no way I would've pushed myself this hard and been able to be where I am now! It truly is something amazing! I have been able to see the power of prayer, faith, and trust in the Lord! And now I have a stronger testimony of what the Lord can do with us as we trust in him and do our part by working hard and being obedient! He will Bless Us!!!!

Something that is super cool about serving in Toppenish is all the cool murals around - it seriously looks like a little western town!! It's so dope and you already know me and Elder Englestead are about to have some tight pics coming soon! haha but another thing that is cool is that there are 2 other elders here that serve in the same ward and branch with! One of the elders is Elder Keller and him and I have been together since the MTC! Haha it's so fun to be able to see other missionaries all the time! 

Other than that I am seriously loving the mission so much! Elder Englesteads and I's attitude about this transfer has really pumped us up for serving and sharing this wonderful message with everyone! We are finding ways to have fun but get work done as well and it's lit! You know what they say happy missionaries are obedient missionaries lol! I love you all, Have a good week! 

Con Amor,

Elder Kaili

No comments:

Post a Comment