Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Time to leave Mattawa....

Man WHAT A WEEK! 

This week was so GOOD! The Holy Ghost was able to convert on one of the kids that we were teaching and he was baptized last Saturday!! Miracleeeeeee! He was one of the first kids that I met when I first got here to Mattawa so it was super nice to see him enter into the path back to our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ! The Baptism was so spiritual and we had some bomb food afterwards.... CARNE and Tampico.... My favorite things to put into my body! Lol! Sunday he was able to become a member of the church of Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Ghost ! After everything I asked him how he felt and he said, "I feel new". Man when he said that the Holy Ghost was so strong and it just added to my testimony of the strength of baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost! Its so nice to be able to see the change the gospel can do to the people that we work with and teach and eventually end up in the waters of baptism! Seeing the Holy Ghost testify of truths and comfort them in times of doubt, it is truly something amazing! 

This week we also had Transfers and sadly the time has come to leave Mattawa! This tiny little town will always have a special part in my heart! I have grown so close to so many people in this area and they have really taken me in as family! I will forever be grateful for them! Especially the Garfias and Yorgesen families, they are family forever! But my new area I will be getting transferred to is....... Toppenish! I'm super excited to go there and meet my new comp Elder Englestead! He's super new... like 6 weeks into the field new haha and I will be finishing his training! I'm high key scared because I feel like I still need training haha because I still feel new in the mission but with a lot of fasting and praying... we should be good with my 3 transfers under my belt... we should be good lol!  The thing I'm most excited about this transfer is that I am senior comp now so I get to DRIVE haha! No more backing up the car in the cold weather! haha but yeah this transfer is going to be lit! 

On Tuesday we did Service and I got bit by a dog! Haha check that off the mission list! No but it was crazy, the little habit ripped my nike joggers ): I was walking up to the door and saw the dog run across the yard and then saw it start running back and then bang it was on the bag of my calf haha! and Elder Cox just stood behind me and watched me get bit haha not even a heads up or nothing! It barely got my skin though but it messed up my pants lol! But then our luck just got worst and it started snowing and we didn't really dress for the wind and the snow so it was FREEZING but you already know we got that service done! 

This Wed we had exchanges with the zone leaders and that was super fun! We blitzed our area in Mattawa and got tons of work done! Elder Thiel and Parkin are such good missionaries and I was able to learn a lot from both of them! Sad that they were only my zone leaders for a transfer but learned a lot from them! This Friday we cooked so much carne asada with some of the people we visit and it was so bomb! We cooked and cooked and cooked so more! I learned how to make some bomb carne and tortillas so letsss goo! Me and m new comp bouta be eating good! lol

Such a good and spiritual week! The next time you her from me Ill be in my new area! I love this gospel and I know its true! I love you all and hope you all have a good week!

Con amor, 
Elder Ka'ili



















No comments:

Post a Comment