Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Become Fishers of Men.....

This week was such a good week! We had Zone Conference as well with General Conference! So this week was so spiritually uplifting. I was able to see what I need to improve and what I need to take away to become a better missionary! Me and my companion also were able to do a pretty crazy service project as we helped a member build roofs for the flea market for 2 hours! haha I was way sore because I haven't lifted heavy like that for a min! Lol but.....

My first Zone Conference was so awesome! We talked a lot about Faith and Miracles. We focused on following Christ and becoming Fisher of Men in our missions like Jesus Christ says in Matt 4:17-23 to his first disciples. I love that scripture and I loved how my mission president compared it to us as missionaries. As Jesus says In verse 19 and 20 in Matt 4: 19) And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20) And they straightway left their nets, and followed him." Just as his disciples dropped everything and followed our savior never looking back, we as missionaries are leaving everything at home and following our savior and never looking back. We also talked about faith and confidence. I realized the two work hand and hand with each other. When we have confidence in ourselves we have faith in ourselves that we can do this work and be able to serve the people as our savior would. When we have faith, we will see miracles. Something that I have had a lot of faith in but not so much confidence in is my language. Learning a new language is hard but after this zone conference I learned once I have the confidence in myself to be able to speak the language, I can have faith that Heavenly Father will do the rest as I am talking to people everyday! I learned a whole lot more too because It was such a good conference. I am already excited for November to have another one lol. I was also able to meet a ton of missionaries in the other zones as well so that was tight too!

GENERAL CONFERENCE BOIIIII! Ahhh such a good conference. I was able to watch two sessions in english and the other two In Spanish with families that we have been working with and are so close to be baptized! it was so good! This is the first conference that I actually paid attention to the talks and took down notes, which I am way mad about because I've been missing out on so much that I could've applied in high school and in my life before the mission....(I'm so stupid). I went into conference with so many questions and they were all being answered right from the beginning! All the talks were so good!! Also 2 hr church (I knew this was going to happen) but I love it! It allows families to spend more time together teaching and learning from one another about the gospel. I loved all the talks on families and being able to get through hard things in this sinning world we live in! There is always peace in Christ and if we are able to see that and recognize that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are always there for us, then we will be able to feel peace! My two favorite talks out of all of the sessions were Elder Hollands Sunday Afternoon talk and Elder Oaks in the Saturday Morning session! I was able to take so much from both that can help me become a better missionary and also a better person! Something that I loved that Elder Oaks said was "Don't try and change the church before you try and change yourself". I love that because some people have so much pride and think they are better than the church to try and say "why is the church doing this or why is the church doing that". Those are the wrong questions we should be asking we should be asking, "What am I doing this or why am I doing that, I need to change my ways to follow and align my life with the teaching of the living prophets and apostles." We need to swallow our pride, change, and recognize that these prophets and apostles that we hear receive revelation for this church from god! I loved Elder Oaks talk! Elder Hollands talks are always good but I loved that he touched on forgiveness. Something that we all need to work on. I loved that he reminded us "Live together in love, the spirit of contention is not of Christ". I love that quote because so many times when we get in fights or somebody does something that offends you, a loved one or a friend we take it personally and have so many hard feeling against the them. Something that Elder Holland said was we need to forgive and forget, heal those wounds, and love one another. Look at the person as Christ looks at them. Swallow your pride and solve contention. I loved those 2 talks but I also loved all the other ones as well! It was just such a good conference all around!!!!! And 12 more temples!!! I didn't really like when the people were cheering but haha President Nelson didn't seem to phased on it haha. I loved the Prophets talk at the end. He explained why everything is happening and really made clear of why we were doing these changes! I loved how he said study these messages starting this week! I'm going to be listening to a talk every morning during breakfast. I know if we follow the counsel of our prophet, our lives will go much smoother!

Thank you to everyone who sent me letters and emails this week! I enjoy them so much and I am so grateful to all of you! Shoutout to Grandma Loo and Mi Momma for sending me a letter!! I love you guys all so much, Have a blessed week! Also happy birthday to my Uncle Tai!!!

Service Project

Service Project

General conference at church

Late night snack, my comp

My grill

From Grandma Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment