Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Big Pig that got away....

This week was such a good week. We had interviews with President Jackman and Sister Jackman and exchanges with the zone leaders. I feel like every time I talk to President and Sister Jackman I learn so much! They are seriously so awesome!

One of the families that we are working have there baptismal date next Friday, so we were with them a lot this week! Man they have been up and down on thinking if they should get baptized or not or feeling ready! I just know that baptism is what this family needs so much right now! But its crazy how you can feel the Lord's love for all of his children through you when you serve and really care about the people that you are teaching. I have grown to love this family so much. The mom feeds us every time we go over there too lol. But I pray and hope that they will go through with their baptism this Friday and not back out!! Funny story with this family this week though haha. They own 2 pigs (I don't know why because they never even do anything with them lol) but one of the pigs got out, so she told us to go get the pig in the cage and me and my comp were running all around trying to get this stupid pig(and this pig is huge... and surprisingly fast lol), but we didn't end up getting the pig and it actually went to the neighbors yard and messed everything up and now they have a fine lol, we don't know if its our fault that we scared the pig off their property but we still gave them a fire lesson that day haha. Ill attach the video of us chasing the pigs under this!

During exchanges, I was able to bless this mom that is going through a hard time. She wasn't a member but her little boy was going to surgery the next day and she asked us to come over and give her one! She had heard what priesthood blessing can do and how powerful they are. Its crazy to me that I met this mom for the first time but I feel like I knew her elsewhere and while I was giving the blessing I just remember that I felt that I have known this mom for my whole life! It was an awesome experience and shows me that people are put in our paths for a reason!

This past Sunday I was able to give a talk in my Spanish Branch! It was an awesome experience! After all the members in the branch were teasing me saying I'm not a Tongan or a Samoan anymore but I am Mexican for the rest of my life. I love all the members here they are seriously so awesome haha. One of the members is from Spain! His Spanish is so crazy and way good haha. I wish I was serving in Spain, I want my Spanish to sound like that lol. But yeah here in Mattawa I'm going to come out sounding like a Mexican! Something that Mexicans use for "what" is mande, so I have been saying that a lot and my trainer who is from Venezuela always gets mad and says stop saying mande lol you aren't from mexico, say como or que to sound like a Venezuelan lol!

Such a good week and thank you all for the emails and the love! I love you all and hope everyone has a blessed week!

Amor,
Elder Ka'ili





No comments:

Post a Comment