Monday, June 3, 2019

This week was jam packed! We had a specialized training, Doctrine of Christ training for Elder Barnes(turned 7 weeks this week lets go!), ZLC, Saw an old friend from Bingham, Elder Barnes got bit by a dog, and we ate 67 tacos at a dinner(I might have thrown up afterwards but they were still bomb haha!) This week flew by though and was so fun!  

Specialized Training
On Friday we had specialized training for all the south zones! So I got to see some of the Elders that I came in with that I haven't seen for a long time and also some old comps! It was so good! The specialized training was on how we can use family history better in our missionary work.  After we went over our transfer focus which is on The Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson and inviting others to "find out" for themselves! I learned so much.  Elder Barnes and I had a crazy miracle that happened right after specialized training. So after the training we went back to our area and went to one of our people we are teaching. His name is Rafael and he's from Nicaragua. He's super cool! After the lesson, we tested what we learned in specialized training and invited him to baptism. We told him that these next 3 weeks we wanted to come by and help him receive an answer about these things! He surprisingly said he would be baptized if he got an answer, and that he's excited to find out! Elder Barnes and I were like, shoot man that was so smooth! It was sweet! 

Doctrine of Christ 
Even though this was my 3rd time going to Doctrine Of Christ, it was still as good as when I went my first time when I was 7 weeks old! Every time I go I just get so pumped to go out and do more missionary work! It all starts with us, we have the knowledge and so we need to share it with everyone, so that they can receive the fullness of joy that we feel! We are the ONLY church that has the correct way to get back to our Heavenly Father and so it's so important for us to share it with everyone! Quick Scripture drop: D&C 88:81 "Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor." 

Elder Barnes first dog bite 
Hahaha so quick funny story... so the other day we were tracting and we came up to a house and a huge dog came up to the fence but it didn't bark... so Elder Barnes was like let's go in and I was like nahhhh I'm not down. That dog was just too calm haha. So I'm like, "No let's go to the other house and so I start walking. I turn around and see Elder Barnes put his arm out to pet the dog and bang! the huge dog bites his arm. Hahaha. I just started dying laughing. Haha I told him, " Mijo, I told you not to do it and now you have to pay the price!" Or in other words like my Uncle Joe would say, " YOU GONNA LEARN TODAY LITTLE BOY." Haha sometimes you have to touch the oven to know its hot! I told him this ain't no regular dogs in this area, these are Mexican dogs!  Lol! He was alright after but I couldn't stop laughing! Such a good time! 

This week was so good though! I love you all and hope y'all have a good week! 

Con amor, 
Elder Ka'ili












No comments:

Post a Comment